Those Were Different Times #98
Introducing: SPONTANEOUS, IN-THE-CAB RECORDINGS OF THE NEW YORK TAXI DRIVER AS RECORDED BY TONY SCHWARTZ
8. Columbia Records censored the original track names:
F*ING UNDERPAID, UNDERRESPECTED, ALCOHOL ADDICT ON MY 4TH MARRIAGE
7. Featuring the hits:
"5th Avenue?...I'll have to charge you extra"
"the meters running"
"that smell, it's Pine Tree..."
"Let's take the scenic route"
"Sorry, I just had Indian food"
6. Featuring the #1 spontaneous hits:
"Get the frick outta my frickin way you frickin moron before I get outta this frickin cab and bash your frickin skull in"!!!!
" You need a whore? I know where the best whores are, just say da woid"
And everyones all time favorite: " If your plannin on blowin that guy in here honey you bedda swallow cause I don't want no frickin spooj on my frickin upholstery!"
5.5. ...because nothing says "repeat listening" like a 4 a.m. cab ride to the airport wherein your Russian cab driver discloses that his idea of discussing "politics" is to declare that Afghanistan should be nuked.
5. Also More About:
-How To Raise Your Kids
-U.S. Foreign Policy
-The Best Steak I Ever Had
-That Movie With That Guy In It
-People Who Got Killed Right Over There
-Anything & Everything That "The Kids" Are Into Is Complete Bullshit
-...and many, many derogatory, intolerant, quietly hateful innuendis that end in, "...If You Know What I Mean".
4. Rolling Stone called it: The perfect album for the holidays, if you plan to commit suicide and need that extra push over the edge.
3.5. "Yeah. It's a Cohiba®.
Some broad just had a baby right where you're sitting."
3. Thank God Columbia Masterworks® snapped this up in that vicious bidding war.
2.5. A relic of a bygone era when cab drivers spoke English.
2.25. I notice he doesn't talk about fashion.
2. I can't believe how limited my understanding of women, art, and life was before I listened to this album.
1. Includes continuous play mode for minorities. Once you put it on, it will never stop for you.